There are three download methods available in Autodesk Account:
- Install Now
- Download Now (Our Preferred Method)
- Browser Download
Recommended if you want to install immediately after download using the most efficient and reliable download and installation method. For Subscription customers, Install Now automatically applies the assigned Serial Number and activates your software.
The Install Now method automates the process of downloading, extracting and installing software on a single computer. Download and install times are reduced as the process decompresses product files while the download is in progress. For Subscription customers, Install Now automatically applies the assigned Serial Number and activates your software.
- Availability and Browser Compatibility: Install Now may not be available for all products and operating systems. If this download method is not offered when you sign in to your Autodesk Account, please use an alternate download method. If you encounter any errors with functionality or connectivity, please try using another Web browser or download method.
- Network Installation: Files downloaded using the Install Now process cannot be used for additional installations on other computers. If you need to install on a network or create a deployment, download your software using Download Now or Browser Download.
Recommended if you want to download a full software installer file and have the option to install at a later time and/or on a different computer or create a deployment.
The Download Now method downloads and uncompresses full software install files using the Autodesk Download Manager.
Download Now reduces the time it takes to get applications up and running by decompressing product files during the download. Files downloaded using Download now can be installed at a later time, on a different computer or as a deployment.
- Availability and Browser Compatibility: Download Now may not be available for all products and operating systems. If this download method is not offered when you sign in to your Autodesk Account, please use an alternate download method. If you encounter any errors with functionality or connectivity, please try using another Web browser or download method.
- Network Installation: If you are installing your software on a network, you must download and install the latest version of the Network License Manager. See How to Install the Network License Manager and Installing Software on a Single Computer with a Network License for more information.
Recommended if you cannot use the Autodesk Download Manager or other download methods are either not offered as an option or resulted in an error.
The Browser Download method uses the built-in file download features of your Web browser. Downloaded files are larger compared to other download methods, may be broken into multiple file downloads, and can be uncompressed and installed only after all downloads are complete.
Browser Download may be your best option if you cannot use the Autodesk Download Manager or other download methods are not offered or resulted in an error. Not all download methods are available for all products and platforms. See Download Methods for Autodesk Account for more information about your download options.
Important Notes About Browser Download:
- Disabling pop-up blocker required: Installation files larger than 2 GB are divided into multiple files that will download simultaneously. You must disable your pop-up blocker before initiating a Browser Download to download all files successfully.
- Executing any downloaded file activates file extraction: If multiple .exe or .dmg files download, you may launch any of them to initiate complete extraction of all the installation files.