Chaos Group has now released V-Ray for 3ds Max today, Thursday, 17, 2015. This new release will render most scenes up to 20-50% faster!
V-Ray 3.3 for 3ds Max also introduces new variance-based adaptive sampler – a new algorithm that makes renders quicker to setup and removes the need to set subdivisions for lights and materials. This makes it much easier for users to get high-quality, predictable renders.
More New Features
• Ray Traced Rounded Corners – for perfectly smooth edges at render time
• New Sky Model and Aerial Perspective – for realistic natural-looking environments
• Triplanar Mapping – for simple, UV-less textures
• Improved V-Ray Clipper with Render-time Booleans – for cutaways using any arbitrary mesh
• Stochastic Flakes – for more realistic materials like snow, sand, and car paints
Many features have been updated as well, including better global illumination and GPU rendering with V-Ray RT.
For more information, visit V-Ray.com. Customers can download this free update from their account at chaosgroup.com.
*The free update is available for all V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max users.